New research from 123 Reg has revealed that Pinterest is the social media platform which helps small businesses achieve growth more than any other social media channel.
The survey found that 54% of those who used Pinterest found their business had grown. This is 8% higher than those who chose to use Facebook, and a huge 24% higher than Twitter.
With 100 million active users and with 93% of Pinners having used Pinterest to plan for or make purchases, having a presence on this platform may be a great marketing decision.
Nick Leech, Digital Director at 123 Reg explains: “With over 2 million users in the UK and growing engagement levels, the potential marketing benefits of Pinterest cannot be ignored by online business.With the small business owners’ whose websites we host on 123 Reg, Pinterest has been shown to create more effective referrals to their websites than Twitter or Facebook and our latest research reveals that it has helped small businesses grow than any other platform over the last year.”
While Pinterest will not suit every business, the research also found that small and micro business owners with a website were 51% more likely to grow than those without – and that a lack of website skills hampered 87.5% of those looking to start a new business. This lack of digital skills has resulted in only one in five micro-businesses in the UK being visible online.
The research also found that:
- Small and micro business owners with a website were 51% more likely to grow than those without.
- Those that used Twitter was the platform that was least likely to help small businesses achieve growth were only 38% more likely to grow.
- A lack of website skills hampered 87.5% of those looking to start a new business.
- Just 1 in 10 of those starting out in small business were equipped with website skills – even though nearly 3 in 10 were confident with social media.
- Figures uncovered by a market research firm last year, revealed that 52% of users have seen a product on Pinterest and made a purchase online – and that 64% of Pinners look at items they’ve Pinned while they’re at a brick and mortar store.
123-reg has produced a handy guide to how to use Pinterest and here are some nuggets that eSeller has done on Pinterest too: