Expansion into foreign markets is becoming a topic of interest to more and more online retailers. In particular, specialised retailers, whose niche products are not in competition with the standard ranges offered by the established major e-commerce operators, should certainly be selling their goods internationally. What’s more, the EU offers ideal conditions for enabling retailers to reach a wider market at relatively little additional expense.
If, though, you decide to start trading abroad you will need to do more than simply translate your shopping website into the relevant language. To make it easier for you to start expanding internationally, we have produced this ebook with ePages where they discuss seven different topics that you need to be aware of when selling abroad. The focus is on the five most lucrative European markets: UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy. To finish, we provide you with a summary of the main facts for these five countries. Enjoy.
- What payment methods should you offer?
- How should you market your products?
- How will your goods reach your customers?
- How can you gain the trust of your customers?
- Should you have your shop content translated into the local language?
- What tax rates are applicable in your target markets?
- What are the most interesting sectors?
- Country overview
- About ePages
You must be logged in to download these resources: log in below, if you have a username and password, or register here